20 Mind Blowing Facebook and Twitter Statistics
Social media continues to grow in popularity, and businesses across the world are taking advantage of these social platforms to grow their business and gain visibility.
Whether your company already has a strong social presence or you’re developing your first social media marketing campaign for 2017, these 20 facts and statistics will give you a glimpse into the many benefits social media can have for businesses both large and small.
Social Media For Business
1. There are 2.3 billion active social media users in the world.
2. There are 1.9 billion social users active on mobile worldwide. (If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re missing out on billions of potential clients)
3. 91% of brands are active on two or more social networks.
4. 33% of social users would rather contact a company through social media than by phone.
5. 71% of users who have a positive experience with a company via social media will recommend that business.
6. Visual content is 40X more likely to get shared on social media.
7. On average, Facebook adds 500,000 new users every single day. That’s 6 new profiles every second.
8. 1.7 billion people are active on Facebook every month.
9. There are 1 million links shared on Facebook every 20 minutes.
10. There are 40 million active small business pages on Facebook.
12. 32% of Facebook users engage with brands on a regular basis.
13. Almost 25% of social referrals (website traffic) comes from Facebook.
14. 310 million people are active on Twitter every month.
15. 82% of active users access Twitter via a mobile device.
16. On average, nearly 6,000 tweets are sent every second. That’s around 500 million tweets every day.
17. The average Twitter user follows 5 or more businesses.
18. 60% of Twitter users expect businesses to respond to their questions within 1 hour.
29. Tweets that use images receive 18% more click throughs and 150% more retweets.
20. 74% of users who follow small and medium businesses (SMBs) follow to get updates on future products.
If you aren’t utilizing social media for your business, it’s time to consider implementing a social media marketing plan. Short on time? Blindspot Advisors can take care of all of your social media marketing for you. Contact us today to learn more about social media marketing and how we can help increase your visibility in the digital world.